Raster Vs Vector:
A raster logo is made up of pixels and pixels are small dots. while a vector logo is not in pixels its in line, shapes, and path.The more you zoom a vector image, logo, and shape. The better quality you see. while a raster logo can not be zoom if you zoom in you lose the quality and the is the main difference.let’s see the given examples below. How to vectorize a raster logo examples are attached.
The above image is a clear example for raster vs vector. The first ellipse in vector and can ve seen clearly, while the 2nd ellipse can not be seen clearly and it’s pixelated this is what we call the raster logo. I am sure you get the idea.
How to convert raster image or logo into vector format in adobe illustrator:
First thing first, open your adobe illustrator software and follow the given instructions below:
- Goto file>open>chose your raster logo.image,shape.
- select your shape, logo or image
- Goto window menu>image trace
- Image trace open appears in the dialog box
- Preset chose High Fidelity Photo
- View tracing result
- Mode color
- Palette full tone
- Goto advanced option and if you see ignore white background click on it and start tracing
- It will go through a short process and your raster logo will be converted into vector format
- Now click on expand and ungroup your logo it is separate now you can change the color to any.
Here is the video of this logo how I vectorize this raster logo into vector format within 2 munites Video link